Thursday, June 29, 2017

Montana Territory

We have been in Montana for several days, and we've been enjoying this beautiful state.

Bushy looking sunflowers all around.

Canola out blooming in their fields.

Parked, for free, on the banks of The Yellowstone River.

The kittens have gotten to the point that when we park, and if it's safe to do so,
I open the door and they venture out on their own, to explore.  Here Bubba and I
are walking over to read the information signs.

Bubba getting a drink from the river.

Wild roses

Look, I was able to get a picture of Missy and Bubba together.  Our little Missy is a
free spirit, she has a mind of her own when it comes to being outside.  But I was able
to get them to follow me along a path beyond that fence and we had a nice walk.

Let's change the subject for a minute and talk about what one does when you get sick or hurt whild on the road.

When we were parked beside the Platte River about 5 days ago,  I developed a rather severe rash on my right arm, only on my arm.  It not only itched like mad but it burned and felt like someone was stabbing it with needles and was swollen.   On day 4 it felt like my arm was going numb, that's when I decided I should seek help.  So on day 5 of the rash we left the Yellowstone river and drove an hour and a half into Billings to an emergency room early saturday morning.  Thankfully there was lots of street parking right in front of the hospital.  So i left mom and the kittens there and walked myself into the ER.  I was the only patient there and within about 5 minutes my info had been entered into their computer system and into an examination room I went.  I didn't even have time to open a magazine when in came the Dr.  He looked at my arm and said yup, I have a rash.  Of course he couldn't say what caused it, reaction to a bite of some type, or plant based thing, like poison oak. But to be on the safe side he prescribed some antibiotic and cortisone cream and sent me on my way with instructions to come back if things didn't get better in a two days.  So for two days and nights we stayed parked right there close to the hospital.  

By monday morning I was feeling better, the swelling in my arm was down considerably, and that was the day that we were scheduled to get our new refrigerator(see note below) installed by Billings RV Inc.  So off we went to the rv repair shop and left the rv with them and packed the kittens into the car and left for the day.  Since it was going to be kind of warm I thought it would be good to spend most of our day driving so as to have the air conditioning on so off we went.  We drove up into the mountains where we found a nice place to park and eat sandwiches and let the kittens out, on their leashes.  That day wasn't half as bad as I thought it was going to be.  The kittens think of the car as part of our home.  They don't like being in their carriers for very long so we let them out and they climb on top of them and go to sleep.  They are simply amazing kittens, they have adapted so well to this lifestyle, we couldn't have asked for more purrrfect cats.

We went back up to our free camping spot along the Yellowstone River parking in a different spot this time and had a great view of the river.

View out my bedroom window.

View leaning out the window.


We've left the beautiful Yellowstone River and now are outside Townsend, MT on a nice lake for a few days.  

We'll be back in a few days.  We hope everyone has a nice July 4th.

Evie and Joy + Two Kittens

Refrigerator note. I don't remember if I've mentioned this but since we were in Albuquerque our refrigerator hasn't been working right.  We had it looked at in Salida, Colorado and he said that it would take time to diagnose the problem and then time to get the parts if in fact it could be fixed.  So we looked ahead and decided to call an rv repair place in Billings, Montana and just go ahead and buy a new one and have it waiting for us.  So that's what we did.  We replace our Norcold with a newer model that would fit in the same spot.  And I'm happy to say that the new one is working great.

 
We drove by The Tetons the other day.















No comments:

Post a Comment