Sunday, March 12, 2017

Spring Has Sprung in Yuma, Arizona, USA

This is our first spring in the Yuma, AZ area and it hasn't let us down.  Yuma is know for farming.  As you can see in the screenshot I took from Google map, the city is completely surrounded by green fields.  Some of the crops that are grown in the winter are all kinds of lettuce, broccoli and cabbage. But year round the top two crops are citrus, oranges, grapefruit and lemons, and dates.  I'm including a link to the latest visitors guide for Yuma, it's filled with tons of useful and interesting information. Click here for the guide, and click here to go to the Welcome to Yuma web page.



Orange trees in bloom.

Can you smell them?

Sun setting to the west.

Full moon rising to the east.


Wild calendulas near San Diego.

Angel trumpets

Bougainvillea

Black spots on leaves of small desert flower.

Be back soon.

Evie and Joy


Young citrus trees getting a long drink of water.
















1 comment:

  1. From what I've read all the deserts will be masses of flowers.
    OK, you know me. Being surrounded by all those fields looks nice but I seriously doubt any of them are farming organically. In addition to spraying on the ground do they still use crop-dusters?
    Had no idea that's how they water citrus. Seems pretty wasteful.
    Calendulas? Really? I do know that they can escape gardens to strike out on their own. One of my favorite flowers. Well, OK. I love all flowers too much just to single out one.
    My garden is beginning to awaken. Sunshine three days in a row. More rain on Thursday. Fine by me.
    Hope all your last RV and car repairs are still intact.
    Give my regards to Joy.
    Happy trails,
    g

    ReplyDelete