Thursday, December 11, 2014

Undertaking a Project Like This Isn't for the Faint of Heart

I'm continuing to sort through all my things.  Busy shredding personal papers and taking that and other stuff to the dump.  Today I did the dinning room.  I just went from cupboard to cupboard looking at the things and saying good by to my treasures.  I'm not keeping any of those things.  

Full moon.

The next closet I need to tackle.

Pile and piles.

Yard sale stuff.  See empty shed?  A friend will take away the 6 bags of plastic recycle things.

More yard sale stuff in almost empty shed.  

Dump pile.

I think I may have neglected to mention that when we got home I ripped out the flooring in the motorhome.  I thought there was a water leak because there was a growing soft spot in the floor.  The good news is that there is no water leak.  The soft spot is caused by the plywood sub flooring joint not being over a floor joist.  The joint is just floating over nothing.  So when I step on it,  it moves/sinks.  So my handyman and I have been working on that little project too.  Except it hasn't stopped raining since we ripped the floor out so the putting it back together part is taking a really long time.  This is causing things that need to go into the rv to pill up all over the house.

Another layer of plywood goes on before the new flooring.  Yes, that is finished plywood.  I was just going to put that down and paint it but now have decided to put down Allure flooring.
That black hole is where the coach batteries are. 

Going to leave the carpet on the slide floor.  The slide is "in" on this picture.

Stay tune.

Evie and Joy






9 comments:

  1. Some readers have said that they weren't able to comment. It might have been a Google issue but I don't know for sure. If that has happened to you I'm sorry. Keep trying. Evie

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are tearing through that place!

    Roxi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bit by bit. Going through and taking what I can't live without and selling the rest.

      Delete
  3. Wow! What a big job! You make it look easy, which I'm certain it's not! I think you'll love Allure flooring--we're going to put it in our bathrooms this spring. Jim calls carpeting diapers for floors! Take good care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you think I make it look easy. Mom was in tears the other day. I told her it shouldn't be that hard and if she wanted to get a storage unit she should do that. I think she might. But for me so far so good.

      Delete
    2. I completely understand about your mom. Please tell her I sympathize.
      If I were trying to do what you two are, I would need to be sedated.
      Maybe she'll feel differently after she counts all that cash from your sale.
      Carry on.

      Delete
  4. Holy mackerel!!!! I take back saying I didn't think you had much stuff. You were so well organized that your home never look cluttered to me.
    Fooled me.
    I can see progress is being made.
    I'm just glad that when I come to help for the sale that all that crap...er...those treasures will be sorted and set up.
    From the looks of work that has been done with more to come I can only assume at least some alcohol must be involved. If not, it should be.
    I salute you two.
    Strong, brave women. My favorite type.

    ReplyDelete